Dear fellow Digital Marketers,
Are you overwhelmed with the amount of work you are doing; with new channels to try, new content to create and new copies to write for social media? The worst part of it is that you may not be getting the results you want!
If the answers are yes yes and oh yes, then, here are 5 questions you need to ask yourself, according to John Long, Group Creative Director at Ogilvy & Mather.
- Are you connecting with people emotionally or just pushing out offers?
- Are you talking about things people care about or just talking about yourself?
- Are you showing up in unexpected places and ways, or just in the same channels and formats everyone else is?
- Are you making things that people like to use or just making ads?
- Are you taking meaningful actions that build your brand or just creating messaging?
It's time to go back to the basics - have a conversation with your audience, care about what they care about and create meaningful marketing work!
With that in mind, here are five questions for digital marketers to ponder about the work they’re doing.